What is Clonable?
Copy, translate, and maintain...
Do you want a website or webshop in another language? With Clonable you can easily clone a website to a sub- or other domain, making it even easier to promote your services or products to non-native speakers.
If you own a hotel, or are on the board of a regional tourist board, for example, you may want to serve English- or German-speaking visitors as well. Or if you have a successful webshop, you probably also want to try to sell your products on the French or German market. But a .nl website will not score on Google.fr or Google.de.
Instead of building an entirely new website and having to transfer all the content, possibly having it translated, and maintaining two sites, Clonable gives you a foreign site within 5 minutes. Because it is a live copy, changes on the original site are automatically applied (and translated) to the cloned site.
Easy to use
Because of the simple menu in the backend the creation of the clone takes little time. Within 5 minutes the first page is ready and will be saved in Clonable. Adjustments to existing pages are automatically translated.
What are the benefits?
Cloning a website with Clonable has some great advantages:
- Cost effective. Normally it costs an enormous amount of money to copy and translate a site or webshop. With Clonable it is only a fraction of that.
- Time-saving. Normally it takes months to translate a reasonably large website, let alone a very large webshop with tens of thousands of products. With Clonable you can go live in 1 week.
- As good as maintenance free. There is no hassle keeping track of foreign content, new content is automatically cloned and translated. There is no extra hosting and you only need to maintain one dashboard/ backend for 2 or more sites (useful for e.g. stock management).
In addition, there are a few other advantages....
Several countries in the same language?
Do you want to reach several countries with the same language? Then Clonable is also very useful. By using Clonable you can focus on different markets. Our cheaper model makes it possible to reach several countries with minimal costs:
- German (.de) to Austria (.at) or other German-speaking areas.
- English (co.uk) to .com or for example Australia (.au).
- Dutch (.nl) to Flemish (.be).
- Spain (.es) to Argentina (.ar)
- This also applies to all other languages such as French or Portuguese
Cloning your site to a foreign domain increases the SEO positions in the cloned website's country. The websites remain basically the same, but with Clonable you can also choose to change parts of it. In doing so, you choose which pieces of code or text to modify from the cloned website. For example, you can change your logo, or you can replace Dutch keywords with Flemish keywords, such as 'showroom' with 'toonzaal'. It is also possible to replace a certain German translation by a more appropriate German jargon. For Google, the content of the clone is seen as original content (no duplicate content).
Need more info?
If you have any questions you can always call or email. Making an appointment is also possible.
Do you have a question?
You can always ask these questions. Take a look at the frequently asked questions page to find out for yourself.